Sunday, May 13, 2007

Church

So today was my first day of church in New York. It seems odd. Like on the subway on the way a big group of people got on and you could tell they were all members. So I chatted with them on the way down. Its also weird because its right across the street from Lincoln Center (home of the Met, the Ballet) and the temple is in the same building. Everyone was really nice. Mike warned me that people aren't quite as friendly towards interns because they know they're just going to leave in a few months anyway, but it helped that Mike's in the ward, so everyone introduced themselves to me. Mike gave a great talk, and I actually subbed for Gospel Essentials which was really fun. Everyone was really appreciative. I met a couple of the interns from BYU that are all living in international housing at Columbia, and I hope to meet up with them and hang out this week. I also met this guy that is an intern at my company working closely with my group. He is a really nice and willing to answer any questions. Then I went back to Mike's apartment and he made fried rice for me. I'm excited to start work tomorrow!

No comments: